Did You Know…?Β Stonehenge is sometimes also known as The Giant’s Dance.

Good afternoon,

Just a quick post to round out the week. Don’t forget that we are going skiing on Monday, December 7th.Β The students and I discussed what they should be bringing with them in class. Students should bring/wear snowpants, warm socks, a sweater, a jacket, mittens/gloves, a hat, and a scarf. It is also a good idea to pack some extra mittens, etc. in case one pair gets wet during the day. Students should also pack and bring a lunch with us on Monday. While students can purchase snacks at the ski hill, we do encourage students and parents to consider our APPLE School focus. Students were also reminded today that they will only receive 20-25 mins. for lunch (as they do at school) and that this is often not enough time for students to purchase and eat their entire meal. It is a good idea to pack a lunch so that no matter what happens, students have something to eat. I did speak to the class this week about how impressed I was with the number of packed lunches for our first trip. Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to help make that happen. We will be leaving school around 8:45 am and returning before dismissal at 2:45 pm. We are still seeking a parent volunteer to help us transport ski equipment to and from the ski hill on Monday. If this is something that you would be able to assist us with, please let me know ASAP. If you are planning on attending as a parent volunteer, please also confirm with me that you are attending. We unfortunately do not always have room on the bus for parent volunteers (3 classes, 2 buses), so we do ask that where possible parents drive themselves to and from the ski hill.

Some students may have explained to parents about a calming bottle that we used in class today to help us settle and refocus during a lesson. It looks like this:

photo

Some students found it extremely helpful to help them to refocus their thoughts, and I myself found students to be much more focused during the remainder of the lesson as a result. Some students have expressed an interest in making their own. I am more than happy to allow students to have one on their desk. If they were being used as a distraction, the student and I would discuss this and they could be taken away. If there are parents/students that have some empty bottles at home that we could use to make some more, please send them to school next week. Thanks!

Agenda:

Read 20 minutes

Ski Days – December 7th (forms due ASAP)

Angel Tree – gifts due December 8th (send me a message if you want a tag)

Grade 5/6 Floor Hockey – begins Wednesday, 3:00-4:00 pm (forms due ASAP)