“It is December, and nobody asked if I was ready.”
― Sarah Kay

Good evening,

Today the Grade 4 students continued to work with whole numbers to 1000. We are still practicing our strategies from last week: using base-10 blocks, drawing a pictures, writing in words, using a place-value chart, using standard form, and using expanded form. Students today each came up and conferred with me one-on-one on their understanding of the strategies, and I was pleased to see that everyone is feeling very confident so far. Keep up the good work everyone. Tomorrow… comparing and ordering numbers!

We have finished FIAT! This makes me a little sad, I must admit. I’ve really enjoyed reading this book together. We have a few wrap up activities to complete this week and then next week we will be starting Book Clubs. Can’t wait! Watch Lynda Mullaly Hunt read the final chapters in the videos below:

We also got our new Spelling words today. Don’t forget to study everyone!

Spelling1

In Science today, the Grade 5 students began to edit their videos. Tomorrow we should have the videos edited and uploaded for everyone to see!

The Grade 4 students began to review for the unit test on Thursday. We are using the following study guide to help us to prepare. Watch out for these and notebooks to come home tomorrow night:

WiOW – Study Guide

Finally, in French today we have begun to review numbers. We have started with numbers 0-31. Today we practiced with a Powerpoint presentation and we also watched this fun video. Check out the French page for any of the above. ALL of our French notes from the entire year are uploaded and I update this page every week.

Agenda:

Read 20 minutes

Spelling Quiz – Thursday

Math:

• Grade 4 – pgs. 37 #9-11, 13-16
  • Grade 5: Unit Test – December 3rd

Science:

• Grade 4 – Waste in Our World Unit Test (December 3rd)

Ski Days – December 7th (forms due ASAP)

Angel Tree – gifts due December 8th (send me a message if you want a tag)

Waste Free Lunch Day – December 3rd