Good afternoon!

As many of you probably have already heard, we had a very chaotic start to our day today! Around 8:15 am the fire alarm went off. Myself, Ms. McNeil, Mrs. Wilson, and Mr. Rutledge had a meeting scheduled for this time, but luckily we were still in our portable when the alarm went off. This meant that we were all able to return to our classrooms to help the TOCs with evacuating. Our class has already practiced our fire procedure more than once this year so we were lined up very quickly, and with the extra set of hands (myself, our TOC, and our EA – Mrs. Chatterjee) we were very lucky in that we were able to get our coats quickly and efficiently before it was our class’ turn to go outside. Once outside we were able to take our attendance and make sure that we were all accounted for. It was then determined that given the weather conditions, we would evacuate to St. Anne’s school. Students did a REMARKABLE job today. Our class was together the entire time, and it was wonderful to see all of our students walking in an organized line and staying so calm throughout. Once we got to St. Anne’s we were able to warm up and even play follow the leader, rock, paper, scissors, etc. Sparksman also came to our aid and provided us with busses to drive the students back to school so that we didn’t have to once again walk outside in the cold. We were back in class and ready to go around 9:40 am. If you would like more information, I believe the Timberlea facebook page has provided updates about the incident, just visit the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Timberlea-Public-School-Fort-McMurray/222004461191455 

As you can image, with all of that going on, our schedule did get changed a great deal today. The students and I both agreed that with the disruption to our day, it wouldn’t be fair for students to write their Math Unit Test tomorrow. Instead, we worked in our review books when I returned to class after lunch, and we will continue our review tomorrow. Our Unit Test has been rescheduled for Thursday.

Agenda:

Read 20 minutes (no Reading NINJA this week)

Spelling Quiz – Tuesday (mow, show, rest, warm, horse, shower, hoarse, wreath, armrest, wrote)

Math: Unit #2 Review Books

Mathletics – 5 mins.

Math Unit Test – Thursday

Picture Retakes – tomorrow!

Social Quiz – Thursday

Ski Forms – tomorrow!

Ski Days – Dec. 4th, Feb. 6th

Health – FRIENDS (tomorrow!)